Monday, July 19, 2010

Homemade - and Safe - Pizza

I stumbled across this recipe at All Recipes for 1-Dish Pizza. I've never made a yeast recipe, but this sounded easy so I gave it a try. The results were great! The crust itself is pretty bland - next time I will definitely add spices to the dough. But the recipe is super easy, and the kids loved it. And I loved that it was made from scratch.

*I'm posting what brands we used and found to be safe, always check before using though*
Ingredients

* Batter:
* Cooking Spray
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (Pillsbury flour)
* 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast (used Hodgskins Mills Rapid Rise - called and was told no nut or sesame products used in facility, no risk of cross contamination with egg)
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup very warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
*
* Topping:
* 1/2 cup pizza sauce (used Wegman's chunky sauce)
* 2 ounces pepperoni slices **We used Bob Evans canadian bacon and Dole pineapple instead**
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


Directions

1. Mix batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate. Spread pizza sauce evenly over batter.
2. Top dough with pepperoni slices. Firmly push pepperoni into batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake by placing in a cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.



2 comments:

  1. That sounds so tasty!!! I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza sounds delicious and fun!

    I just wanted to let you know that we pulled "Make handprints" this morning from our bucket list inspired by your list. I'll post about them and link to you tonight. Thanks for submitting your great list and I hope you're having a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete