I stumbled across this recipe at All Recipes for 1-Dish Pizza. I've never made a yeast recipe, but this sounded easy so I gave it a try. The results were great! The crust itself is pretty bland - next time I will definitely add spices to the dough. But the recipe is super easy, and the kids loved it. And I loved that it was made from scratch.
*I'm posting what brands we used and found to be safe, always check before using though*
* Cooking Spray
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (Pillsbury flour)
* 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast (used Hodgskins Mills Rapid Rise - called and was told no nut or sesame products used in facility, no risk of cross contamination with egg)
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup very warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup pizza sauce (used Wegman's chunky sauce)
* 2 ounces pepperoni slices **We used Bob Evans canadian bacon and Dole pineapple instead**
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate. Spread pizza sauce evenly over batter.
2. Top dough with pepperoni slices. Firmly push pepperoni into batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake by placing in a cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.