Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vacation



We made it to the beach!

My grandfather's party was a lot of fun - lots of confusion, but lots of fun too.

It was nice to get to visit with him and his wife, although I'm a little disappointed that we didn't make it into Charleston. Next time though.

We arrived at the beach Sunday evening, and have been enjoying ourselves greatly.

Yesterday the beach was a little crowded from the holiday, and super windy, so we went to Brookgreen Gardens instead.

Lots of fun, although it was pretty hot and everyone was worn out by the time we got back to the condo. So dinner was grilled cheese for the boys, and Krystal Burgers for the adults.

Allergy wise, the trip has been a success. I had a mild freak out at the party, when they poured a nut mix into a bowl on the buffet. Images of people eating the nuts, then touching Luke, caused a little panic. Luckily Luke was a little wildman, and spent his time running, so no one had a chance to touch him. Which meant I spent the party chasing him. That wore me out too.

I love South Carolina, especially the area we're in right now. South of Myrtle Beach, in the Garden City/Litchfield Beach/Pawley's Island/Murrell's Inlet area. Beachy, but not overly touristy. Very clean and well kept area. Stuff to do, but not overwhelming like Myrtle Beach is. I could stay here forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment