Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another First {Pumpkin Patch}

This week we had another first as a food allergy family - a school field trip to the pumpkin patch.

My biggest concern for the day was not letting Luke handle the feed for the animals. There's no way of knowing what's in it, and I really didn't want to find out the hard way that it contained some kind of nut or egg product.

When we were waiting for the hayride, another problem was staring me down; A little girl with her peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I had been prepared for that possibility during lunch (although Cody's class is peanut free, I don't know if the whole school is or not), but not first thing. I made sure that we didn't sit next to her on the hayride, and it wasn't an issue. It's just a little jolting to see another child holding something that could send my child to the ER.

We ended up having a great time there. Cody and Luke had fun picking out their pumpkins, and then Cody had a blast on the various games and rides that they had set up.  The boys both loved the petting zoo part.  Luke thought the goats were hilarious, and made sure to laugh loudly at them continuously.  I think he might have given them a bit of a complex by the time we left.




No comments:

Post a Comment