Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sharing Recipes

This past weekend we celebrated my husband's 35th birthday, and I tried out a few recipes for the occasion. Of course each recipe was made to be nut and egg free! Each one turned out very well, and I wanted to share them.

Annie's Eats has quickly become my favorite recipe blog. I have yet to try something from there that I haven't liked. As a reminder, it's important to check the individual ingredients for any cross contamination issues.

For my husband's weekend I made...

Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites: Not hard, but took some time as there was a two hour wait for the dough to rise. The end result was SO good. I would probably add more ham next time, and possibly try the recipe without any filler. I can see making a batch of these to have on hand for our mall trips, when Cody usually begs for an Auntie Anne's Pretzel (not safe for Luke).

Spicy Shrimp Po Boys: *This recipe is NOT egg free as it calls for mayo* I liked these, although the other people enjoying them with me seemed to like them more than I did. The sauce is amazing, but I prefer my shrimp po'boys to be fried.

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes: Now, my husband is not a sweets person, so asking him what kind of birthday cake he wanted was useless. I chose this recipe because of the color scheme (his gift was a half day class and 8 laps at our local NASCAR racetrack), and well, because I wanted to try them =) These are AWESOME. The frosting is really good, but the cupcakes are good even without frosting. I made them with the intention of sending the leftovers to work with my husband, but I haven't been able to part with them yet. Oops. The recipe calls for 3 large egg whites. I was able to use Ener-G egg replacer without any problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment