Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Egg, Dairy and Nut Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday was Cody's actual birthday, and he wanted to take a treat into the classroom to share with everyone.

I was originally going to make Bakerella's Cake Pops. Normally you would buy Wilton's candy melts for the outer layer, but they have a peanut warning on them, so they're out. I found some info where you can combine safe chocolate chips with shortening to replace the candy melts, but I was a little wary of that as I was short on time and didn't have the patience for any messups :) I'll have to eventually give it a try though.

So instead I turned to my newest allergy free cookbook, The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book: Great Dairy-, Egg-, and Nut-Free Treats for the Whole Family. Cody and I decided on The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie You'll Ever Have recipe. SO GOOD! I used Divvies chocolate chips, and I really prefer them over the Enjoy Life chocolate chips that I have used in the past.

3 comments:

  1. Melinda, where did you get the Divvies chocolate chips? I need to try those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered them from http://www.peanutfreeplanet.com/. They also sell them from the Divvies website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divvies makes yummy products. SIL bought us their cookies, which we all loved.
    Allergy Mum - http://allergymum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete