Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Little Bit Girly {crafty}

A friend of mine is getting close to the end of her pregnancy with a little princess, and I jumped at the chance to be able to make something girly for her.

Now, my crafty skills are still forming, so I decided to go with something fairly simple. Which was hard to do, after looking around different blogs for some girly inspiration. There is just SO much cuteness out there for girls.


The first one I decided to make was straight from I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar. I fell in love with this Whimsical Tree design when I first watched the video she made for freezer paper stenciling. The tree design came from Picnik. Next time I would make the letters a little bigger for ease of use, but other than that, I was happy with it =)





The second one I made is based on a shirt that I bought awhile back for Luke. I wanted to see if I could re-create something similar, and I was pretty happy with the outcome.

I used Picnik to create a lower case t in a font that I liked and thought would work well. Using that print out as a template, I cut the letter out in felt that coordinated with the cute little onesie that I picked up at Walmart.

Stuck the letter onto some Heat n' Bond, and then stuck that onto the shirt. This was mostly to make sewing a little easier, because sewing around straight pins irritates me for some reason =)

I used a tiny stitch setting on my machine, and sewed all around. Once that was done, I grabbed some white embroidery thread, and an embroidery needle, and got to work. The only change I would make here would be to use longer stitches all around. But that was it, easy peasy! And cute!



Linking up to...



3 comments:

  1. Those are both gorgeous! You did a great job woman!! I have wanted to try to use freezer paper but still haven't yet. It's hard to find around here, or I'm just not looking in the right place and going to the right place. lol
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I ended up ordering mine from alice.com. They have a minimum of 5 items per order, which I didn't know, but when I placed the order I got a message that said since it was my first time ordering, they'd bend the rules :) Everywhere else I found it...amazon, AceHardware.com, etc was crazy expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable. Are you talking about the kind of freezer paper that you wrap meat in? Like Reynolds makes and butchers use? You can buy it at the grocery store in the same aisle as the aluminum foil and plastic wrap. I don't remember it being crazy expensive. I never thought to use it in this way. Thanks for the idea!

    ♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

    ReplyDelete