Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reading Labels

Something happened this weekend that shows the importance of reading an entire label.

While at my parents' house, Luke ate a few pieces of dried cherries before I had a chance to read the package. Once I did though, I saw that in smaller print than the rest of the package, there was a "manufactured in the same facility as" warning. Listed were a few items, including eggs and nuts.

Thankfully Luke did not react to them. But it caused some anxiety. My mom blamed herself for not reading the whole label, and I blamed myself for not double checking it.

Some labels are very busy and provide lots of different information. This can make it easy to gloss over important information. But it's also why it's important to read every single sentence to make sure it is safe.

1 comment:

  1. So very glad that your son was okay and did not have a reaction.

    ReplyDelete