Friday, March 4, 2011

The Tubes Are In

Luke's procedure this morning to put tubes in his ears was a success. We were there at 6am for the 7am procedure. I got to wear a nifty white suit that covered me from my ankles to my neck (didn't get a picture of that, darn!), and held his hand while they put him under. He handled it much better than he did for the endoscopy last summer, so I wasn't quite as traumatized as I was back then. By the time I got the suit off, grabbed the stroller from his room, and took a potty break, the doctor was out telling me they were done. Ten minutes later I was led back to find him wooing the nurses, and 20 minutes later we were in the car heading home. Now we just need to wait and see how much of a difference it will make for him.

1 comment:

  1. Melinda, I'm happy to hear it went well. I know how hard it is to sit in that waiting room while your baby is in the other rooms with the doctors. Sounds like he is a little trooper!

    ReplyDelete