Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sometimes Things Happen for a Reason

Last night I did a search for "apraxia blogs". The first several results were apraxia pages that I have seen in the past. One though was a personal blog, a mama with a 5 year old daughter that was diagnosed with apraxia. Her post really caught my attention, because it showed a video of her daughter saying some words. Although her daughter is a few years older than Luke, I noticed some similarity between her and Luke.

The other thing that caught my attention was that she mentioned Loyola's Speech-Language Pathology Clinic. Loyola is located in Baltimore, MD, but it is within driving distance for us, so that was exciting news.

Even more exciting though was learning that the mama lives in the same general area as us! I was able to talk to her some though Facebook, and she gave me some recommendations for having Luke evaluated by a non-Early Intervention Speech Language Pathologist, that is trained in PROMPT. So I will be calling tomorrow to make an appointment with them.

It's crazy to me that I went from being completely lost as to where to go next, to stumbling across a blog entry from a year ago, where the person is not only dealing with a similar language delay, but is also local.


No comments:

Post a Comment