Monday, August 1, 2011

2011-2012 Curriculum

This is my first year homeschooling, and I'm sure I will make changes to the curriculum as we go along. I'm hoping that I spent enough time researching before I made a decision - it sure felt like I did! We are currently going through review to learn what Cody knows and still needs to learn to be prepared for kindergarten. For this I am using Confessions of a Homeschooler's K4 printable curriculum. I am disappointed to learn through this how much Cody was NOT taught in preschool, considering the preschool that he went to is known for their academics and preparing kids for kindergarten.  Basically what he knows is what I taught him before he started preschool last fall.

School will start September 6th, which is the same day that public schools start here.

Luke - Tot School
Lots of hands on play!
Speech Therapy 2x a week

Cody - Kindergarten

Phonics - The Reading Lesson, All About Reading 1, Explode the Code
Math - Horizons K
Geography - Evan Moore Introduction to Geography
Misc - Unit Studies for science, history, etc., Sylvan Word Games, lots of printables, living books to cover science and history topics.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great year planned out! This is our first year homeschooling (preschool) and I am super excited!! We are doing BFIAR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue with my 3 (this month!) year old-with speech issues, it's hard to tell what we're working with! We'll be seeing a developmental pediatrician to get an apraxia diagnosis soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Williamsburg a few years ago and loved it. You really do live in the perfect place for early American history.

    ReplyDelete