Friday, September 2, 2011

Combining Tot School with Five in a Row

I've been brain storming ideas for how to include Luke in with some of our studies.   The bulk of Cody's studies will be done while Luke is asleep, either in the morning or during nap time. I want to include him too though.  I'm a huge fan of 1+1+1=1 - Carisa's blog is what got me really thinking about homeschooling.  She has some amazing Tot School ideas, including lots of theme printables.  Each letter of the alphabet has a theme, and I thought it would be fun to match up themes with the different Five in a Row (FIAR) books.  This is the list that I have come up with so far, I will be updating it as I go through the Volume I and Volume II FIAR books.


Bb - Outdoor Fun (Ball) -

Cc - Pets (Cat) Papa Piccolo


Ee - Food (Egg) -

Ff - Body Parts (Foot) - Madeline

Gg - Farm (Goat) - The Tale of Peter Rabbit



Jj - Ocean (Jellyfish) - Night of the Moonjellies

Kk - Household (Keys) -

Ll - Nature (Leaves) -

Mm - Small Mammals (Mouse) -

Nn - Bugs (Net) -

Oo - African Animals (Ostridge) - The Giraffe That Walked to Paris or the alternative/go along Zarafa: The Giraffe Who Walked to the King

Pp - School Tools (Pencils) -

Qq - Royalty (Queen) -

Rr - Rainforest -

Ss - Outer Space (Star) -

Tt - Transportation (Train) - Mr Gumpy's Motor Car or The Glorious Flight

Uu - Weather (Umbrella) - Storm in the Night

Vv - Landforms (Volcano) -

Ww - In My House (Window) -

Xx - Instruments (Xylophone) - Lentil

Yy - Toys (Yo-Yo) -


There are also several Tot Packs and Preschool Packs that have themes to match the books as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment