Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Homeschool - Mama Learned Something

What did I learn today?

Just say no to forcing school.

Yesterday we got about halfway through the school work that I had planned because Cody wasn't feeling well.  Last night he started feeling even worse, and today he slept until about 12:15, which if you know him, you know it means he was feeling pretty crappy.

Him sleeping so late completely threw our day off, but I was determined to get school in as long as he was feeling ok by this afternoon.

Luke decided to not nap, and at 4:00 I gave up and got him out of his crib.  I gave him a couple "fun" things to do, and Cody and I sat down to get started.

Except Cody still wasn't feeling 100%.

Luke wasn't digging the "fun" stuff and preferred  shoving toys in mine and Cody's faces while laughing hysterically.

Mama was irritated because the afternoon wasn't going as I thought it should.

Cody was having trouble concentrating.  I was having trouble with patience.  Not a good combination.

Once I finally gave up, and put everything away I realized one of the advantages of homeschooling is that we don't HAVE to follow a set schedule.

Who cares if we only get a couple things accomplished on a certain day?

It doesn't mean we can't make up for it the next day, or even later in the week.  Everything will get covered.  He will learn what he needs to.  

Tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully I will remember these things and will be a more relaxed homeschooling mama from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment