Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Peanut Challenge

Tomorrow is Luke's peanut challenge.

I'm very nervous.

I think I've put the challenge out of my mind, pretending like it wasn't getting close.  This morning though, I woke up thinking about it, and it's been on my mind all day.

The egg challenge was difficult enough.  I have a feeling giving my little Luke something that caused such a horrible reaction just 18 months ago will be even harder.

Eighteen months of avoiding a food item like the plague.  Fearing accidental contact, devoting every waking minute to making sure that he didn't come close to it.  And tomorrow I'll smear some on a saltine cracker and feed it to him.

Also on the to do list - talk to the allergist about the reactions he had after eating egg (and the mysterious Dominos reaction), and the reaction that he had to a topical medication last week (long story short, Luke got scabies, I applied the same cream that Cody was prescribed, and Luke woke up the next morning covered in hives).

No comments:

Post a Comment