Friday, October 21, 2011

Viking Boy - Mama Gets Crafty

Can I just say how much I love I Am Momma Hear Me Roar?  She always has the best ideas, most of which involve things for little boys.  It can be hard to find craft ideas for little boys, so I was very excited when I stumbled across her blog last year.  She posted this Viking Tee craft a few weeks ago and I knew I had to give it a try.  I floated the idea past Cody, thinking I'd make it in his size but he wasn't impressed.  He graciously passed the idea onto Luke instead =)  

This craft involves using a freezer paper stencil, which I always love using.  I Googled Viking hat and beard silhouette in Google images, and found a few to choose from.  These particular images were pretty easy to cut out with an Xacto knife, unlike the Darth Vader one that I did a few weeks ago (I don't think I mentioned it, but cutting out all the Darth Vader details with an Xacto knife wasn't easy!).  

I couldn't find the Tulip Beads in a Bottle at our local Joann or Michael's - though they do have it online here.  I ended up ordering mine from Amazon.

And so, I present to you, Viking Luke!

  
Note the small stain - he cannot be trusted with a white shirt!  He inherited that trait from his dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment