Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Luke

  Three years ago today...

I went from this....
....to this....(meeting for the first time)


Three years ago today I finally got to meet my second son, Luke.  For this child I prayed...: 1 Samuel 1:27
 
Three years ago today, Cody became a big brother.  "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero." Marc Brown                

They haven't always been the easiest three years.  Luke has had to deal with more things than most adults.  

Luke was born with positional clubfeet.




And spent many months in either full leg casts or corrective shoes  


First Christmas, 5 Weeks Old

First Easter, 4 Months Old

One Year

Luke endured an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts, and an overnight stay in the hospital, at 15 months old

Between November 2009 and October 2010 Luke had pneumonia 5 times.


 Food allergies.  Immune deficiency.  Anaphylactic reactions.  Apraxia.


But nothing can stop him from smiling, Luke at two years old.



Luke is a rockstar.  He's one tough little man.  

He is my hero.

I thank God every day that I was lucky enough to become his mama.

Happy Birthday Luke.  You make me so proud.










No comments:

Post a Comment