Friday, January 20, 2012

Mama Gets Crafty - SLR Purse Insert

I got a sweet lil' SLR for my birthday this week.  I'm in LOVE with it.  I spent a good part of the week looking at camera bags.  You know, the type that look like a purse and not an actual camera bag.  I fell in love with several on the Epiphanie Bags website.  I mean, who doesn't love those?  But the price was way out of my range.  So I started looking into tutorials for a DIY version, and found this.  Except I didn't feel like dealing with the sewing machine.  Or velcro.  So I busted out my trusty hot glue gun, and got to work. 


I used 1" foam, and wrapped the pieces in fabric like I was wrapping a present, securing it with the hot glue.  The only problem is that the 1" foam is a little too bulky, and the camera + extra lens takes up most of the bag.  So I either need to re-do it using 1/2" foam or get a bigger bag.  I'm voting for the bigger bag =)  But in all, I was pretty pleased with myself!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a great idea! I carry around an ugly man-camera-bag. I vote for making a new one. You will probably find uses for both of them!

    ReplyDelete